 From: Rick Epping <rickepping@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2014 10:40 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Bandoneon Cold Rolled Stamped 52-57 degree Zinc Reed and Harmonica Manufacturers

Vern is right, the reed material will make little or no difference to the
sound.  What matters more is the voicing; bandoneons are octave tuned, so
you'll want an octave harmonica, like the Seydel Concerto, Hohner Comet or
the late Hohner Auto-Valve.  If you need chromatic capability, a set of two
octave harps a semitone apart and held together in the Asian playing style
might be a consideration.  Look to companies like Tombo or Suzuki for these
instruments.

Best regards,
Rick Epping