[Harp-L] Re: Magnetic Harp Rack

I made my magnetic harp rack Harry.  I don't think you can buy one.  I bought a Hohner Flexrack and a HarpArm and attached the harp holder to the top of the rack with two screws.  I also added 2 new holes on the side of the rack since the HarpArm holder sits higher in the flexrack, but I discovered that you don't need to do that.  Here's a link to the HarpArm:  http://www.amazon.com/HarpArm-HA-16-Magnetic-Harmonica-Holder/dp/B00DDXK1BE  The total cost was around $75.00.  Here's a link to my youtube video showing the mod:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG-2lVT34wM

David Pearce

"I've seen at least one performer using a neck rack that used a magnetic bracket to hold the harp. Not unlike the Harplock product, but on a neck rack. Anyone know who makes it, or if it's still available? I have a student who suffered a stroke and can't manage the spring loaded racks due to paralysis from the stroke.

On slightly off-topic note, what instruments do you know of that can be managed with only one useable hand while also playing racked harp? I have seen a few modifications of things like recorders, but obviously it can't be a wind instrument. There are cognitive challenges involved, so playing by feel is an important element. I would be interested in hearing from or about others who have met this challenge. A tall order, I know."