Re: [Harp-L] SPAH

I joined SPAH about a month ago, but never got a membership list.  Is
there such a thing?

Phyllis

In a message dated 8/2/2014 1:26:21 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
mzaklan@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Bob, great idea!  Human nature, if you get  something for free, you never
want to have to pay for it.  But in this  case, I think it's well worth a
gamble.  We already have an outreach  to youth and I think it's been a nice
success.  It would certainly  spice up the jams around the hotel and maybe
some of these folks could be  prevailed upon to do seminars.

Mick Zaklan

On Sat, Aug 2,  2014 at 12:40 PM, Bob Cohen <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Here's a idea. Form an outreach committee to identify and invite the
most
> highly accomplished players of our instrument to join, free of  charge.
Flip
> them convention passes and maybe they'll show up.   This is something
Warren
> and I talked about when we ran for SPAH  leadership.
>
> Bob Cohen
> ------------------------
>  Writer, Teacher, Internet Consultant
> w: bobjcohen.com
> t:  #itsabobworld
>
> > On Aug 2, 2014, at 11:57 AM, Mick Zaklan  <mzaklan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >    Interesting story that maybe shows that our organization still has a
>  > ways to go doing outreach to harmonica players.  I was at the  Chicago
> > Cultural Center in June to see the new BBC documentary on  bluesman Big
> Bill
> > Broonzy.  Vocalist/harpist Billy  Boy Arnold and Eric Noden were
scheduled
> > to play half hour set of  Broonzy tunes prior to the film.  I brought
> along
> >  their new CD so I could get it autographed.  For those who don't  know
> Billy
> > Boy Arnold, he is an important figure in  Chicago blues.  Arnold took
harp
> > lessons from Sonny Boy I,  knew Big Bill Broonzy, and was Bo Diddley's
> > harpman.  He  also composed several blues standards, including "I Wish
You