[Harp-L] re: big name SPAH members...

not sure what type of search committee is needed. the names that matter
will rise to the top of a list pretty quick. my thoughts weren't about free
convention tickets as much as free SPAH membership for all "full time
professionals" of our instrument. I would send out notices every year
worded like this: we are pleased to include you as a professional member of
our organization. Annual dues are $50.00 and we waive that fee up for you
because we would like to include you on our roster of professional members.
 As a non-profit we do appreciate any and all donations from our
professional members to help us Preserve and Advance the Harmonica for
generations to come.

as far as convention fee's I would send a communication stating that we
would love for them to attend and perhaps participate. To attend each
ticket will cost: $XX.XX. If they have an interest in getting involved then
direct them to the powers that be and "work a deal"

Any communication with "star/professional" players should include the line:
donations appreciated. my guess is that more $$ would be brought in this
way instead of a straight $50 invoice

just my rambling thoughts on this issue for a while now. Bottom line....all
would benefit from this concept. All professionals could use more exposure
and sales opportunities and the general harp population will be proud to be
on a member roster including the best of the best.

wb