[Harp-L] JT-30 question

So I was wasting time at an antique mall this past weekend when I stumbled
across a JT-30 microphone with its stand, cord and the original box.  I've
never seen one of these for sale outside of eBay or other web sites.
Naturally I bought it and hurried home.  I swapped the standard cord for the
adapter and hooked it to my amp.. Nothing.  I noticed a little rattle coming
from the microphone itself, so I think the crystal is busted.  I removed the
two screws on the grill, but the thing wouldn't budge.

I have two questions.  How can I safely remove the grill to check on the
crystal, and then if it is busted, are they still available, or are there
other sources for the element.  I've been looking through the Harp-l
digests, but most information is old and many of the sites mentioned no
longer sell the biscuits.  I really hope I can get this working so that it
doesn't just become another display item on my shelf.

Thanks,

Terry