[Harp-L] DMARC/Yahoo

If you are a Yahoo, bellsouth or comcast subscriber there is a pretty good
chance you are no longer seeing all of the harp-l posts.  Yahoo instituted
a verification procedure for all e-mails originating from their servers.
Harp-l's mail list software alters the verification information in such a
way as to cause Yahoo mail servers to reject mail with a Yahoo address.
Any time a Yahoo subscriber posts to harp-l  the post is going to bounce
if delivery is attempted at any address using DMARC to authenticate the
e-mail.  This is also why Yahoo accounts bounce out so quickly.  Lot's of
yahoo subscribers, one posts and I'll get hundreds of bounces.  Currently
I'm not sure what the fix will end up being.  There is a Mailman upgrade
but it creates some problems in terms of how subscribers use the list.
Harp-l is not the only mail list experiencing this problem.  There's a
small uproar in the mail list world currently because of this new Yahoo
policy.  This is not the first time a Yahoo anti spam escalation has
wreaked havoc on the harp-l list and no doubt it won't be the last.  More
news as things develop, harp-l-listowner

p.s for the time being I will reset bouncing accounts and my guess is
digests don't have this problem.  By the way, AOL just added the same
authentication so things are getting worse before they get better.