RE: [Harp-L] Recording, etc.

Hello Robert,
See comments below:

> From: harmonicaman1968@xxxxxxxxxxx
> To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2014 16:50:33 -0700
> Subject: [Harp-L] Recording, etc.
>
> One thing I'm learning is how a draw bend won't work unless the blow reed is working, in the same hole. I have no idea why, but I'm sure there are at least a few here that understand that inter-relatedness. You will get you answer here for sure. I sort of understand it but someone here will explain it in detail. Also, you can search the harpl archives and get your answer for this and many other well discussed topics.

> I'm a guy who tends to persist to find ways around a poorly tuned harp, just by trial and error, due to financial restrictions. Avoid this note, change my habitual playing patterns, etc. This unintentional "de-tuning" offers some ideas in tunings, and begins to open up my mind to the idea of getting harps in tunings other than "standard".
One of the very useful and easy re-tune or custom jobs is to file just a bit off the end of the #5 draw note. Practice on a couple of junk harps first. It's the same method for bringing a flat note up to pitch etc. In 2nd position, this will bring up the b7th note to a natural 7th and you will still be able to bend it down to the b7th. This will open up some 'new' licks for you for sure.