Re: [Harp-L] Big River followup

It all depends on why they were to talking to you that way.
Most music directors don't understand harmonica and
so can't communicate that well with harmonica players.
Harmonica players unfortunately don't always have the
skills that most pit players have. How many harmonica players
can understand standard conducting cues if they're not
to used to them. There is also the issue of reading.

Big River also has a big range of styles for the harmonica that can stretch any
players skills.

If you can get more work out of the job I would grin and bear it.
Work is harder to find especially really good work that can lead
to even more good work.

Good Luck,
Emile