[Harp-L] SUB-30 Customization Kit by Blue Moon Harmonicas

I am pleased to announce the availability of the SUB-30 Customization Kit by
Blue Moon Harmonicas.

This is a project I have been working on for almost a year and it has
finally come to fruition.  The Customization Kit includes the flowing:

1.	A BMH30 Comb, which was designed by Brendan Power and manufactured
by Blue Moon.  It is available in three colors of Anodized Aluminum and six
colors of Solid Surface (i.e. DuPontT CorianR)
2.	A Blue Moon External Valve Plate.  We have developed a one piece
component that valves all ten sympathetic reeds on the top SUB-30 reed plate
- the one with the 20 reeds.  It is CNC milled from a solid plate of Nickel
Steel (aka German Silver) and requires no special tools or additional screws
to install.  It simply fits on the top reed plate and you use the stock
screws to fasten both the valve plate and reed plates to the comb.  It only
adds 0.040" in thickness to the harmonica.
3.	Your choice of either Manji or ProMaster covers.  The BMH30 Comb
converts the SUB-30 to a traditional "Tin Sandwich" type of design making it
necessary to replace the stock covers.

The SUB-30 Customization Kit is priced at $109.90.  If you already own a
SUB-30 and are a Do-it-Yourselfer, the kit is all you need.  If you want
Blue Moon to install it, send your SUB-30 to us, we will install the kit and
customize your harp for a $50.00 Retrofit and Customization Fee.  If you do
not already own a SUB-30, new Blue Moon Custom SUB-30's are available in the
Keys of  A, C and D for $275.00 with your choice of combs and covers.

We all know that harp-l does not allow for the insertion of pictures so I
have uploaded a complete description along with plenty of pictures onto
PhotoBucket.com.  You can scroll through the screens by clicking the arrow >
on the right or view them as a slideshow.

<http://s1089.photobucket.com/user/bluemoonharmonicas/media/Blue%20Moon%20Pi
cture%20Library/Blue%20Moon%20SUB-30/A_zps4bbd0a08.gif.html>
http://s1089.photobucket.com/user/bluemoonharmonicas/media/Blue%20Moon%20Pic
ture%20Library/Blue%20Moon%20SUB-30/A_zps4bbd0a08.gif.html

I have tried to keep this message short and sweet but I would like to close
by adding that I am very excited about being able to offer this kit to the
harmonica community.  I know that I am not alone in my belief that the
concept of a 30-reed harmonica that enables diatonic players to play
chromatically without the use of over-blows or over-draws has significant
potential.  The issue with the SUB-30 has been that as an OOTB harp, it is
leaky and unresponsive and there was only so much that could be done to
improve it without some highly specialized components.  Those components are
now available and I am anxious to see what the Reedsmiths and Customizers
can do with it.

Thanks for your interest and please feel free to email me with any
questions.

Tom Halchak

Blue Moon Harmonicas

 <mailto:info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx