Re: [Harp-L] Remarks and questions regarding Blues Harmonica for dummies

 Hi Peter:

"* This is the first "dummies" book I bought, because I do not consider  mayself a dummie and think most "dummie" books are very basic -- while in  fact your book is very detailed and sure not meant for dummies (even when  it starts from scratch)... :-o"

I think that is a common perception about the "For Dummies" series.  In fact, every FD book I have come across has had a wealth of helpful information on whatever topic is covered.   Both of Winslow's FD harmonica books are a great resource and something you can go back to and always find something new to work on and improve.

I think its in one of the "for Dummies" intros where it mentions that "the only Dummies are the folks who think the books are really just "for Dummies".

There is a very talented and respected banjo player in my area ("Bill Evans") who wrote the "Banjo for Dummies" book which again has a ton of information for all levels of banjo players.  I think there is a format that most of the FD books have to follow (like including the "parts of Tens", which ensure that a lot of relevant material is included, but I expect Winslow might enlighten us more .

Burke T.