To: "Robert Laughlin" <harmonicaman1968@xxxxxxxxxxx>; <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, April 13, 2014 2:27 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Re: Harp players gear lists? blah blah longish

Robert Laughlin wrote:

"And that brings us to the bigger issue: the implication in this post that
pro harp players are shills for gear makers.  The short answer to that
implication is that it's all wrong."

Actually, that statement sounds as credible as one nation's president
stating, recently, that there "wasn't a smidgen of corruption in his
administration's tax wing".

Okay, so who are these corrupt shills? The ones who don't believe what they're saying about the instruments they supposedly use? The ones who can be bought off with a handful of harmonicas, even harps they don't really like and wouldn't otherwise use?

Pending an answer to that question, I tend to think that the opinions expressed on this list are always the poster's own. I don't have a good reason to think otherwise.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp" (Oak Publications, NYC)
Twitter: lightninrick

---