[Harp-L] Cafe Django at The National Harmonica League Convention

Hi Folks

I'm posting my band Cafe Django performance at the UK National Harmonica
League's convention as Roger Trowbridge kindly recorded it and has now put
the video up on line. http://tinyurl.com/oa3revf

Gypsy Swing which has been a subject on Harp-l for some time, does often
open up the possibilities to blur some barriers between chromatic and
diatonic depending on the mood and key of the melody, and so the first and
last numbers are on diatonic and the middle two on chromatic. In this regard
I'd like to mention my appreciation of 'Maestro' Richard Sleigh's
outstanding Marine Bands 1896 which I have continued to use with his support
since at least since 1996 and some great chromatics that 'The Baron' Brendan
Power customised for me in the old days  !!

The above link is from site www.petergoldingharmonica.com which also has my
stuff from over the years including the concert for Larry Adler in 2002 and
a couple of CDs etc.

I guess my band is one of the few harmonica led groups dedicated to Django
Reinhardt inspired music and we vary from a four up to a seven piece
depending on the venue and type of gig. As referred to by Rob and others
recently..It's the never ending quest of searching out music's mysterious
'grooves ' that drives us onward !

Harp on Pals

Peter
,