[Harp-L] Piano Book for Improvising Blues?

I have a friend who plays piano and reads very well, but who has essentially never improvised or played by ear.

I will be crossing paths with this friend in late June at a non-harp-related event.  There will be a piano there, and he has suggested that I bring my harps and that we jam together.  He says he owns a book called "Beale Street and other Classic Blues 38 works 1901-1921”, and can play them.  I don’t read music very well in real time -- it’s more like incremental deciphering -- but I can make sense of what’s there.  I’ve ordered a copy to give myself some traction on what he does.

Do any readers of this list have a favorite book that teaches improvising blues on the piano that I could send him as a gift?

Thanks,
Tin Lizzie