Re: [Harp-L] How Musical Theater differs from Blues gigs and jams

I've done four productions of "Big River".
In the first one the producer said my advice to you
is always be on time. He said, "I knew this great guitar player Jimmy Bruno who was playing in a
show in LA except he was always late". He didn't know
I knew Jimmy and that he had moved back to
philly. I told him jimmy was back and he said,
have him give me a call I'll get him tickets to the show. LOL

Don't forget the bass harmonica part. !!!

The pit orchestra only rehearsed once, but the
River Rats on stage players went to a few rehearsals for stage blocking.

Emile

On Monday, April 7, 2014 12:33 AM, Richard Trafford-Owen <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

A couple of years ago I was part of an original theatre piece that was primarily a solo performance, but with band. There was a lot of engagement with the band. I was in the band and had quite a few lines in addition to playing. It was a lot of fun and we were awarded best of San Francisco fringe, which was a huge honour.

The biggest difference between acting and being in a band for me was the importance of consistency. Not hitting marks throws off all the other performers.