[Harp-L] swingin 16ths

Jon, thank you for posting what I was thinking!

"ALL of this can be replaced by listening... no words, just listening to
someone playing in the style you want to emulate..."

I believe that theory can enhance and improve musical skills and open new
musical doors.  However, there are nuances that cannot be described and
must be heard and felt.

I strongly support developing "big ears" and I support the approach of
learning by emulation.  There is an organic, holistic characteristic in
good music that cannot be captured on paper with words or notation.

We can benefit from a written musical map, but the map is not the
territory.

At times you need to put away the "map", listen, and play until you get
it.