[Harp-L] Harmonica in Mainstream Music: Pokey LaFarge and the South City Three

It's not very often artists come along performing music that features
harmonica with equal billing to the other instruments, and that music finds
its way into the mainstream like a Popper or a Dylan, or Brendan's work
with Sting, etc.

These guys are starting to pick up momentum as a popular mainstream act
with the hipster crowd, having been on Letterman last July.  I just
discovered them this week and thought I would pass them along to the group,
because not only is the harmonica a full featured part of the  band (not an
"accent" instrument), but the music and their vibe is just fantastic.  The
harp players name is Ryan Koenig, and he's a very solid traditional player.

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seKAfbWFWCM&list=RD02USgGfOk6yQI