Re: [Harp-L] (no subject)

The owner's manual for the Stroboconn, shows C4 (261.63 hz) as the C just below A4 (440 hz).  I guess that this helped set C4 as middle-C because for many years the Stroboconn was the de-facto pitch standard.
See http://www.mts.net/~smythe/Stroboconn_6T-3.pdf

I suspect that Middle-C got its name as much for its position in the middle of the grand staff as for its position on the piano keyboard.  The fact that your electronic keyboard has fewer than 88 keys doesn't change the name or pitch of middle C.

Vern

See: