[Harp-L] What is Middle C's Official Postal address?

This comes into the category of "Questions I wanted to know, but was ashamed
to ask".

On my recently purchased electronic keyboard Middle C would be C3.

However it has come to my notice that on a proper Grand Piano it would be
C4.

In my sixty year old Captain James Reilly Chromatic Harmonica Tutor, I don't
think that all this C1 and C2 stuff had even been invented. None of my
stuffy music theory books are much help either.

I would not want to be embarrassed by getting a harmonica an octave higher
than I expected when ordering using  Seydel's harmonica configurator.

Beannachtai

Aongus Mac Cana