Re: [Harp-L] low tuned harps for Rice Miller

So I begged the question. C is not the only key for today's 12-hole Marine Band -- add D and G.
Available at Amazon ($44-52). So everybody must carry it.

But the question is low-tuned harps, not 364 harps anyway-- whose availability might or might not influence  their selection.

 Again, does anyone use the low tuned harps for Rice Miller/aka Sonny Boy II songs?
I heard a SBII song last night in a club in the key of B (on an E harp) and it sounded a bit high pitched to me. But then anything can be played in any key -- when the blues police are not around. Even Rice Miller stuff.

The modern plastic comb low-tuned harps would seem a natural progression -- being smaller to hold, cup, tongue block, U-block and pucker. Also, for those who might like to expand their repertoire, low-tuned harps come in a variety of keys from a variety of makers.

The 12-hole 364 Marine Band features the famous wood comb and for those who just love the taste of wood, it arguably can't be beat.

Phil Lloyd
Contributing Editor emeritus
American Harmonica Newsmagazine
Harmonica 101 -- Instructor