Re: Subject: Re: [Harp-L] French harmonicas?

no, I'm talking about diatonic. It was not chromatic. And it was not Slidemeister.

Maybe I'll find the covers I had when I'm looking for something else.

-----Original Message-----
From: EGS1217 <EGS1217@xxxxxxx>
To: philharpn <philharpn@xxxxxxx>
Cc: harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Mon, Sep 16, 2013 7:50 pm
Subject: Subject: Re: [Harp-L] French harmonicas?

Phil, I'm not sure if you might not mean the short while a guy who is a Slidemeister made custom sealed wood covers for 280/Super 64's (along with the screws to fit both chromatics), selling them on EBay for $40.00 a set? An unbelievably low price, to my mind.

I bought two sets--astonished when no one bid me up. They're gorgeous. I put the deeper toned (oak) set on my Super 64 and have used that one ever since. The light-coloured maple with tan veins are still pristine and being 'saved'. The woodworker's name is David Jacalone and he only made a few until tiring of it and deciding his time was better spent playing chromatic instead. I was very fortunate indeed.

When I first played my Super 64 with its new covers at a GSHC Club meeting, Charlie Toker asked (without looking up at my instrument), if I'd switched to a different chromatic since the sound (to him) was quite different. To MY ears too it's muted by the wood...not unpleasantly, but there's a clear difference. Charlie wasn't the only person to hear it...I have several Super 64's and can play the wood covered one 'side by side' with any of the others and hear a distinction.

I feel I got the benefits of the Suzuki wood covers for a fraction of their cost. David's are also quite beautiful. Lucky me! :)

Elizabeth

"Message: 2