Re: [Harp-L] Donald Black tuning

Michael Snowden <mike.snowden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> According to Pat's site, the Highlander is a 1 semitone change of one
> reed only.  It's been too long since I saw Donald explain it to
> remember which is right!

The Highlander is an 55/80 A-D double-sided tremelo, with both pairs of
G# reeds tuned down to G on its A side (so four reeds, not one). This
means that the scale is the same on both sides, but the D side gives you
handy chords for D major tunes, and the A side gives you chords for A
mixolydian and B dorian tunes.

Actually playing along with smallpipers on one gets you odd looks, but
it does work. ;-)

--
Adam Sampson <ats@xxxxxxxxx>                         <http://offog.org/>