Re: [Harp-L] RP355 + Korg Pandora

Mike Fugazzi wrote:
<I think the Tech 21 Blonde sounds stellar for basic amp needs.  This vid is set for blues, but you can hear a more dynamic <response to a general blues attack.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03cqv5XrC5A&feature=share&list=UU0I_IUGbbj_KunFaq4bxwQg
<Normally, I use a SM58 and set that pedal to where it just starts to break up a hair when I dig in.  I then put a Harp Break <infront of that - so it is basically a guitar rig what can go clean to dirty.  This combo is very satisfying for anything jazzy to <really far out distortion (without much feedback).  Personally, I think the Blonde responds really well to dynamics.  What I don't <get is a straight to PA clean from this rig, but that's ok with me.

I've used the Tech 21 Blonde at a few jam sessions where AC power was unavailable and setup time was down to "plug it in and go."  I think it's a good-sounding pedal, though not as flexible as a multiFX/amp modeler.  I also had more feedback issues with it than I get with the RPs, but I've spent hundreds of hours engineering the feedback out of my RP patches, so that's not very surprising.

As implied by my comments above, the Blonde is my current go-to pedal when I don't have AC and need to get up and running quick--which is the case in most jam sessions.  But I expect to replace the Blonde soon for these purposes with the Zoom G3, which has very good amp emulations, a much wider range of FX--it has to, given that the Blonde has none--and also runs on battery.

Thanks, RH

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick