Re: [Harp-L] RP355 + Korg Pandora

Richard, you defininitely sounds good (but not perfect, for my taste,
sorry) and I really respect and enjoy your playing (although I prefer your
acoustic work much better). But almost all links you sent is livelooping
and solo works. Multi-FX and modellers are perfect for this job, I agree
Also it can be good for playing with small band to imitate keyboards, and
possible bass. Actually with no overdriven el. guitar, no acousic drum kit,
and no distorted hammond/rhodes it's not a problem to cut through with any
gear including digital. Problems usually starts when all instruments are
presented. When plaing alone you're too loud, when playing with all band
you're are hardly hearable.
And yes, modeller can sounds "fat" with proper tweaking, it even can be
from ok to good for recording . But there's one thing which modeller can't.
Regular tube amp and even just mic straight to PA have a wider dynamics
than any digital device. Everyone who have a nice tube amp know the "honk"
tone when playing with harder attack. The same about LoneWolf HarpAttack
and other tube pre-amps. I never get this "honk" from modellers.
So each gear have it's goals and limitation. For playing just harmonica I
prefer analogue tone, for playing harmonica like keyboards, turntables,
auto-q, pitch glides etc. I prefer digital devices. Digital devices always
have nice pitch shifting, delays and reverbs. But for direct harmonica (or
guitar) tone they don't have enough good dynamic responce, don't have
enough cut.

My current pedalboard looks this way http://borisplotnikov.ru/board.jpg
Yerasov loop selector is a switcher which allow my to completely true
bypass Line6's circuity. And I press it on only for special line6 effects.

--
Thanks, Boris Plotnikov
http://borisplotnikov.ru