Re: [Harp-L] Groove vs Swing and those metronomes...

I'm with Aongus on this. I'd also add, speaking only as an aficionado and sometime hairyarse practitioner of traditional Irish music, that the only thing a metronome will teach you is how to play along with a metronome. Human beings do not play music metronomically (thank goodness). Far better, if you can, to play along with other human beings. There is not a single nuance of playing music (as opposed to playing your instrument) that a metronome can teach you, and nuance is everything in playing music. If you really can't play with other people, then the next best thing is to record yourself playing, identify your problems ( involve your friends if you don't trust yourself) and work on getting better that way. It's much more fun than relying on a brainless and unmusical  device.