[Harp-L] Was: Transposing Now: Reverse Engineering with Keyboard

Aongus et al,
I had the same epiphany about using the keyboard to visualise the notes, which was prodded along by a basic music theory course at the local community college (which I recommend to all harp players).  I seem to 'get it' better when I can see it (not necessarily a good characteristic for a harmonica player!).

So I bought a new Chinese-made 64 key keyboard, operating of mains power or battery, off eBay for $21 (including postage).  I had to hunt for a while to get it that cheap!  It has the additional advantage of having a bunch of pre-programmed rhythms (drum machine-like), which can be adjusted for tempo.  Great backing tracks for practice - much better than a metronome.
Maka