Re: [Harp-L] Delay for harp?

46long Blake wrote:
<What delay works well for
<harp, and where does one get one? Sound samples would be nice, too.

Yo Blake!  Have you not noticed that your RP255 has a half-dozen really nice delays built into it?  And that I provided a SLAP patch in the v16 set, consisting of nothing but delay--perfect for pairing with the amp of your choice?

To set up your own delay line, either install the SLAP patch, or make your own.  Turn off the RP's amp modeling, EQ, FX besides delay, start with the analog delay model, and set time and delay mix to taste.  Voila--you now have a very nice analog delay to go with your Princeton reverb (or any other amp of your choice).

I repeat: anyone who has an RP already has a very nice delay (and reverb!) box, as good or better than dedicated delay (and reverb!) FX devices selling for as much or more than the RP255.  Don't spend your money on another delay until you've tried the delays in the RP.

regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick