[Harp-L] Delay for harp

Blake,

     One delay pedal that works well for me is the Ibanez Delay Champ, which uses an analog circuit and a compression-expansion chip to produce a warm, natural sounding echo, like that of a vintage tape unit. While long out of production, you can probably find one by searching the web.

     Another pedal I'm very impressed with is the one Annie Raines uses, though I can't recall the model. Speaking with her the last time I caught her live, she indicated that it too was out of production.

     I agree that the Dan-Echo pedal leaves something to be desired. A guitarist friend of mine has described it as being a "suck box", meaning that it sucks too much tone from your signal. This would apply to a number of pedals in general, which is why I mostly avoid using them.

     I used to lug an Echoplex around, but now relegate it to studio use only. A good compromise is an old Premier Reverb Unit, if you can find one. It's a lot lighter and less likely to have problems on the gig. Being tube-driven and also looking very cool, it's something I have used with any number of different sized amps, and always sounds great.

     I'm sure there are any number of newer devices that will be suggested, but I've been using a Delay Champ and a Premier for years, and neither one has never let me down. Yeah, I'm a curmudgeon, and too old to change. If it ain't broke ...

Pete Sheridan
Author, The Quest For Tone In Amplified Blues Harp
        Affordable Axes and Cool Amps for The Slide Guitarist/Harp Player
        Wayne Raney, That Hillbilly Boogie Boy With The Talking Harmonica
Jukester's Harmonica Supplies
Vintage Harp Mics, plus...
www.petesheridan.net

One Weird Trick
Could add $1,000s to Your Social Security Checks! See if you Qualify&#8230
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/52238da6c61ada53afast04vuc