[Harp-L] SPAH 2013 CORRECTING SMOKEY JOE

   I liked the Romulus (Michigan) hotel, but Joe's memory is correct.
There was some thievery.  I think Cham-ber Huang had one or two very
expensive (silver?) chromatics stolen out of his room.  I also remember the
hotel personnel busting up several late night jams.  Which nobody
appreciated.  I do miss the old Big Boy hamburger joint next door, though.
   I like Larry and I don't have a problem giving him his propers.  Anytime
you can get Larry Adler, Toots Thielemans, and Kim Wilson to your harmonica
function....well, you've done an incredible job.  That's star power.  But I
also enjoyed Doug Tate and like the job Winslow has been doing so far.
   I don't remember much about Chuck Robinette except that during the '91
Fest William Galison was angry about whoever had been backing him up.  He
looked like he had been destroyed.  The guy spent the rest of evening after
the performance walking around the room complaining to whoever would
listen.  Not sure, but I think Robinette was the pianist on William's set.

Mick Zaklan