Re: [Harp-L] Substitute for tweed champ

Also there was one at SPAH this year set up to check out compared to some other amps.  I loved the tone.
Jerry
-----Original Message-----

From: bluesharpamps@xxxxxxxxx
To: bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx,harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 2013-10-26 06:42:17 GMT
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Substitute for tweed champ

Barry, while it is not a Champ exactly, you might consider the Mission
Delta Sonic amp.  It is 15 watts from two 6V6 tubes through a single
10-inch Lil Buddy speaker in a tweed Harvard cab.  It is small and light
but loud enough for most gigging situations.  It has a line out for those
times you need PA support.  It costs around $900, depending on options.

Here is a video of Nic Clark playing the amp at a jam with no line out:

http://youtu.be/2ESH7zE_feE

-Rick Davis

On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 8:26 AM, Barry Bean <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 10/24/2013 2:07 PM, Timothy Kane wrote:
>
>> 5 watts is 5 watts. Unless you have a sound guy who, like you say, is
>> harp-friendly and knows how to get you heard in the mix, you're gonna have
>> trouble hearing yourself onstage.
>>

> That's why I have other amps for those situations.
>
> I appreciate all the suggestions for larger amps, but  am specifically
> looking for an amp to replace my tweed champ. Thanks for all the links,
> you've given me several options to consider.
>
> BB

Jerry