[Harp-L] Substitute for tweed champ

I've been out of the scene for several years, playing only the occasional sit in and studio gigs, but I'm starting to pick up a few more harp gigs. I have a great 6X8 Sonny Jr Bassman clone amp that's great for big rooms or battling obnoxious guitarists, but I've been using my mid-50s tweed champ for gigs with a decent sound man or small rooms.
Unfortunately, it's beginning to pick up a few crackles it didn't used to have, and a quick check of prices show it's worth a whole lot more than the $250 I paid for it in 1990 or so.
So I'm thinking I should set it aside with my 54 Les Paul amp for studio use only and get something a little newer and more easily replaceable for gigs. I've seen the website for the Harpgear 2 amp, and am trying to track down a Sonny Jr., but are there any other comparable small tube amps worth checking out these days? I'm not made of money, but I'm willing to spend a few extra $$$ to get something that sounds right. I'd much rather have a $1500 amp that barks like my sax than to have a $200 amp that yips like a chihuahua.
Suggestions?

BB