[Harp-L] Re: Musician Insurance

Steve Power suggested Clarion Insurance clarionins.com.  There is also
musicproinsurance.com and,  freelancemusicians.org   Many others as well, do a
web search on Musicians Insurance.

At minimum you should photograph all your stuff, record the model  & serial
numbers and photocopy receipts.  Seems like I hear a  horror story every
month or so about losses to theft or natural disaster.   Latest was Ron
Thompson, vehicle stolen & stripped, all his gear was  taken.  Friends here in
Colorado sustained losses in the recent  flooding, and STILL some displaced
musicians from the disaster in New  Orleans.

If music is your sole income, or even just the extra bit that  keeps you
going, then along with Steve I urge you to look into insuring  your gear.

Christopher Richards
Twin Tone Microphones - Tone Defender Cables
harmonicaplanet.com