[Harp-L] intonation, was blow 3, draw 2

Mike,

On a D Paddy Richter, I play songs like "Boy's Lament for his Dragon" and "Swallowtail jig" on which I'll play the B-Part one time in the first octave.What I find a lot of fun with that tuning is taking advantage of the minor chord it produces: 3B 4B 5B. Finnish Polka goes down well, for instance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ2yosBoDho (sorry 'bout the ambient noise in the video). It's basically playing fourth position, minor, with the minor root chord.
Cheers,
John

John, you got me to thinking. With all this previous discussion about songs to practice intonation, I tried playing Swallowtail Jig on a D, first octave, 3rd position, then 2 position. Regular tuned harmonica.
3rd is easier than 2nd, but both are doable. And man, what an exercise for bends! Thanks John...........

Brian