[Harp-L] Phil Wiggins --

Listening to some of Cephis & Wiggins -- "Richmond Blues" and it occurred that Phil Wiggins is really my favorite blues harp playing. I find his chugging and riffs and fills absolutely fascinating. I think I spent two weeks at Augusta (94-93?) enrolled in his classes.

The best thing is that he doesn't sound like anybody else. And while there might be some LIttle Walter influence (he plays Marine Bands) but I don't hear much. I also don't hear any of the harmonica cliches that everybody else plays, but I'm sure there must be some

Here's a sample:
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIf577IaD3Y>