[Harp-L] Re: David Barrett Books

As has been mentioned different resources work for different folks.  I have most of David's books, but things did not really start clicking for me until I joined his BluesHarmonica.com  web site.  Much of the same content in the books is presented with a combination of  videos & pdf supporting hand outs which include both tabs and music notation.  And maybe more important there is more clarity in what order to master skills on your way to being an improve blues master. He provides a carefully though out "curriculum" which has evolved, in my opinion, beyond what is in the books.  I still appreciate having the books, but for the most part they set on my shelf while i access the website weekly.  So for at least one month, join bluesharmonica.com so that you can see if this approach works for you.  I progressed from 100" lip pursing to tongue blocking most playing using just his curriculum.

Keith