Re: [Harp-L] Rack improvement

Rosin between the face of the wing nut and the arm holding the harp will have the opposite effect because motion of the arm will tend to unscrew the nut.  Make sure that the rosin is only in the threads.

Placing compressible, conical* "Belleville" washers in the joint can maintain tension even if the wing nut becomes unscrewed a tiny bit.  This can be done in addition to rosin in the threads for a "belt and suspenders" solution.

* N Conical washers facing the same way increase the spring strength times N.  Facing them in opposite directions reduces the spring strength by 1/N.
Same direction <<<
Opposite direction <><><>

For the ultimate in racks, consider the Ergonomic-Neck-Rack (ENR) from Chris Reynolds.

Vern