[Harp-L] Re: Bad Night

I find that playing harmonica is a lot like playing golf.  No matter how good you are, or how much you practice or prepare, you ocassionally have a bad game.  Even the best players have a bad night once and while.  A reed sticks, or squeaks, or breaks (I actually swallowed one on stage once), a cable goes bad, an amp fries, or the sound guy isn't really a sound guy but thinks he's one (we all know the type, right?) and you get feedback, volume issues, etc...  There's a plethora of things that can go wrong on stage, and very rarely does a performance ever go perfectly as planned. And, just like golf, you have to remain calm, overcome adversity, improvise and do the best you can, and just finish the game.

The harmonica is a humbling instrument! :)

Keep Harpin'!
Pat Powers - Allentown, PA