RE: [Harp-L] Bad Night

Being your own worst critic is not a bad thing. Recording will really drive one a little crazy sometimes. There's always that little voice saying "I know I can do it better". The way we play the diatonic (the standard Richter ones) well, I have always said we kinda bastardize the instrument. Playing it in a way it was not intended to be played. I have to acknowledge that the tuning revolution is correcting some of that.
I have come to a point where I am sometimes amused at the mishaps that happen in live performances and have come to embrace those moments even when it happens to the other instruments/musicians. When it's me it sometimes suddenly takes on a surreal feeling. Standing there feeling naked and trying to figure out what the heck to do. I guess that's why I love listening to other's live recordings. Many time one can hear those little mistakes that non musicians never hear. It's all good. A perfect world would be too boring.Buck