[Harp-L] RE: Hohner's Travalling Roadshow w/ Ronnie Shellist & Adam Hamil Comes to MI

Original Post 10/30/13 by Brian Stear:
Any forumites attended this? Could you tell me more? Been trying to get
this in our area w/o any success. Hopefully it’ll work out in the future.
I figure it would be a blues based workshop considering Ronnie, but I’m
curious to how it went. I know they’re in the process of tweaking it.
Plus, I’m mostly interested in Adam’s contribution.
Thanks.

Brian.

Hello Brian, Thanks for your interest. The event is a mixture of
Performance, Product Information and Demos, and General Blues Harp
Education. Ronnie does some playing, talk about the differences B/T a few
of the popular Hohner lines (MB, SP20, GM, XO, and Discovery 48) while
playing some examples in a real performance setting so you can hear the
differences for yourself. Also, every person who comes to the event gets a
FREE Bluesband harmonica in A. Ronnie then takes everyone through some
basic chug rhythms and a simple "boogie woogie".
In addition to Ronnie's Part of the show, I am there doing FREE REPAIRS to
Hohner harmonicas, As well as answering any questions people have about
Harmonica Maintenance, Service, Hohner's Tool kits, and Hohner's Service
and Artist Setup Programs. I try to open myself up to any and all
questions. I'll share with you all the knowledge that I have.
Another big part of the show is the "Petting Zoo". A table of demo harps
where you can try various Hohner Models for yourself. This is a wonderful
opportunity to "try before you buy", something that Harp players worldwide
wish was available. There is also a PRIZE WHEEL that everyone gets to spin
once. Prizes for the wheel include Hohner T-Shirts, Patches, Stickers,
Decorative Metal Signs, Hats, and Harp Cases. There will also be a large
stock of Hohner harmonicas for sale.
This FREE event is a must for any Harmonica player. Stone cold Beginners to
Seasoned Pros all will get something out of this event. It's a wonderful
experience for all involved and I'm ecstatic to be a part of it.
Our next two Dates are as follows:
Wed. 11/13/13 in Detroit MI
Marshall Music

6500 Allen Road