[Harp-L] Seydel Repair Options

Reed failure is an unfortunate by-product of  playing the harp.  It is just
like guitar players who have to change strings, drummers buy sticks, etc.

I've had good success with reed polishing and have replaced about 400
Seydel diatonic reeds and 50 Seydel chromatic reeds in the past 6 months
for customers around the world.  I think it is an economical solution to
this problem.

I know there is debate on the effectiveness of reed polishing and the value
of it will only be known in time, but I can say that in my personal
experience the results have been favorable with extended reed life after
polishing.

There is more information on this on my web site as well as instructions
for getting your Seydel diatonic or chromatic repaired.

--
*Greg Jones*
*16:23 Custom Harmonicas*