[Harp-L] tuning octave harp..

I love my 2-sided Comets.....just started tuning one up. But I have a problem....
When I tune it and use my endcap ( Thanks Matthew! ), it can be a bit sharp. But as soon as I put it on the comb and play it, it goes flat. WAY flat.
Funny thing is, I can tune it some more, and its way sharp. But on the comb, it stays almost the same, even screwed down.
Is it karma, or?
Another question....do you guys tune your octaves a little off from each other? I know I do that on my diatonics, just to fatten up the sound.
Lastly, does anyone have an e-mail address for Joel Andersson. I had it, but lost it. I know he tunes his octave harps.
Thanks!

Brian

---