Re: [Harp-L] Re: Music Software & Hardware Advice Sought

Hello David,

I have been using Adobe Audition for the last ten years as the software to
record/edit/clean and do many other things.
However, Audacity (a free software) also does all that.
With Adobe Audion I can slow down a song (keeping the same pitch) or change
pitch (by half tones).
I have transferred hundreds of songs from cassettes to my PC/Laptop just by
playing the cassette in a portable cassette player or a cassette deck and
attaching its "line out" to the "line in" of my computer using a cable. You
then open your software, select the record source and record - thats it !
You can also record your harmonica, if you want - even create your own
multi-track recordings.
After recording a song you can remove the tape hiss or any noise using the
software.

If you have any questions just send me an email.

Gautam