Re: [Harp-L] What a difference a mic makes

Tony Eyers wrote:
<To avoid total thread drift, check out Richard's video and post at
<
<http://www.hunterharp.com/what-a-difference-a-mic-makes-part-1/
<
<Moving on however, Richard says that
<
<"I use a lot of different makes and models of harmonica--I'm always
<interested in new offerings, and I haven't found the Holy Grail yet"
<
<Then
<
<"EVERY make and model of harmonica that I use now is vastly superior to
<what was available a decade ago"
<
<Couldn't agree more.
<
<However... No mention of custom instruments. Any reason why not?

I've only used one custom instrument, an A harp customized by a New Zealand-based craftsman. It was a fine instrument.  But with the general improvements in quality that I've seen in the last decade, and the high playability and durability of off-the-shelf instruments selling in the $55-$90 range, I haven't yet felt the need to buy customized instruments selling for $150-200.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp" (Oak Publications, NYC)
Twitter: lightninrick