Subject: [Harp-L] The Harpsmiths

Dear Tom:

I'm realizing this is your way to inform us of the passing of your son. I'm
 SO very sorry to hear of your loss and send my condolences, as I'm sure
does  everyone who's known you for the many years you served us faithfully as
President of SPAH and entertained us beautifully on chromatic.

They were just adorable--what good looking and talented kids, and it's
lovely to see and hear them all playing so well. I imagine you were justly
proud of him playing lead with Al Smith's sons.

It's so unfair --to lose a child. There are no words which suffice, but
please know you and your family are being thought of today with much  fondness.

Elizabeth

"Tom Stryker <tstryker1@xxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l  <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Mon, May 27, 2013 10:49 am

Here is a clip of what is arguably the finest  youth harmonica group ever,
"The Harpsmiths." They ranged from 9-12 years  old. Tommy Stryker Jr. on
lead, Jason "Bo" Smith on Melodica, Vern "Binky"  Smith on Bass and Al
"Bonky" Smith. Affectionately often introduced as  "Tommy, Bonky, Binky, Bo
and they really know how to put on a show." This  group astounded the 'Cats
and Johnny Puleo. The Smith boys are the sons of  famous chord player Al
Smith. They stopped playing in their teen years.  Sadly, Tommy passed on
May 24,  2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIUD_OnDDgA

Stryker