Re: [Harp-L] New Member Introduction

Rex, thanks for the note.

I haven't experimented with alternative tuning yet. May try 'Country Tuning' at some point... I think that is the 5-draw raised a half-step.

________________________________
 From: rex <rexg4@xxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: "harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>; M. Box <mailbox0600@xxxxxxxxx>; mailbox0600@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 2:34 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] New Member Introduction

I also play Lee Oskar harps. I've been playing for 12 years. I have read in these forums that the Lee Oskar harp is not the easiest harp to overblow but I've never tried. I like to play alternate tunings and I like ET so the Oskars work well for me. In fact I have several keys of Melody Maker harps that Tombo doesn't even make (had to retune some, turned a Bb into an F for example).  Playing in various positions and with various tunings I am able to get all the notes I need with standard bends so I have no plans to learn to overblow. Your music may require overblows. I also have some Country tuned harps which also take the overblow out of the picture for me in second. The Melody Maker and Country tuned harps are not "the" thing for blues. It really depends on what you are trying to do. I have heard the Golden Melody IS a good overblow harp. I have one, and like it,  but I have retuned it!