[Harp-L] New Member Introduction

Hello Harp-L list members.

My introduction to you guys...

First, I don't consider myself a 'player' yet...

But, here is where I am with the harmonica...

- I play diatonic
- I play Lee Oskar harmonicas. Why? Not sure. Just got started with them and can't seem to break them.
- I can play single notes (but occasionally miss and hit a double)
- I can play each note top to bottom (hole 1 thru 10 blow and draw)
- I can pick out simple tunes
- I can bend notes

- I can play cross harp (2nd position) and create my own blues-like improvisation (but haven't stopped to learn others famous licks yet)
- I'm a pucker player right now - not sure tongue-blocking is worth the effort, except' maybe for braggin' rights :-)
- I haven't played with a band or with backing tracks (yet)
- I keep a C and an A harp in the car and may sneak 'em in the office on the weekends :-)
- I also keep a C and an A harp handy at the house - often by my easy chair or on the porch.
- I have a couple of other keys but don't play them to much while I'm learning.

- My next goal is to learn to over-blow so I can play the complete chromatic scale from top to bottom on the harmonica.
- Then I should be able to play any position and play any tune.

- I also have to work on better accuracy on hitting single notes
- then I hope to learn play faster... (accuracy first for me... then, hopefully, fast will come)

I'll be posting a lot of questions so thanks in advance for any help, tips, and/or comments.