[Harp-L] inexpensive harmonicas

I went into the Dollar Store where yes lots of things are $1.00. But, not harmonicas.  They cost $1.99. In a blister pack you get a Sport Star Band, the classic harmonica-a Real Musical Intrument.  Great Sound. Storage case included with Easy Intrumental Instructions on the back. Why doesn't the harmonica look like the one in the picture? It looks nicely built with 16 holes, nut and screw cover plate.plastic comb, tinfoil thick reedplates and reeds-wow. It's a Zichter tuning (Richter's cousin) in the key of Z I think, I'm not sure yet. I was able to bend one note once. I think it stayed bent. However, this instrument is not for the amateur. Only a more advanced player will be able to exploit the ever changing tonal and chordal possibilities of this inexpensive instrument.

Manfred from Toronto the Good