[Harp-L] Inspiration and cheap plastic harps

     I'm with Smokey Joe on inspiration - there are a multitude of inspiring players, dead and alive, who continue to motivate me to make better music. They aren't all in my personal playing style, but I can relate to the passion in what they do.

     My own experiences with cheap plastic harps have shown that they usually have one blow reed per hole and are not very capable of producing listenable music. I recall one that was a banana shape and another that was a carrot, toys marketed to very young children. I did come across a plastic Hero brand chromatic many years ago with something like 18 or 20 holes! It was very leaky and had no tone nor volume, still a toy in my view.

Pete Sheridan
Author of "The Quest For Tone In Amplified Blues Harp"
www.petesheridan.net

Political system upset?
Democrats BIG advantage in America about to completely vanish
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/51a373471b1a73467183st03vuc