Re: [Harp-L] insperation

The one who first inspired me to want to learn to play harmonica is the fictional character Lentil, in the children's book of the same name by Robert McCloskey.

Lentil is a little boy who desperately wants to make music but cannot sing.  He saves up his pennies, buys a harmonica, and learns to play it.

[Spoiler Alert]  Ultimately, Lentil is able to use his harmonica to foil the plan of Old Sneep, and saves the day for Colonel Carter and the town.

If anyone is looking for a harmonica-themed gift to give to a young person, I highly recommend this.

Elizabeth H. (aka "Tin Lizzie")