Re: [Harp-L] insperation

Oh man, there are so many depending on what phase of my double-nickel life you're talking about. My first inspiration was (I knew no better) Bob Dylan. In my early teens Butter, Blind Owl Wilson. Then I drifted into guitar land where harp was irrelevant. 15 or 20 years ago I developed a new appreciation for harp and became a listening enthusiast (still seeing myself as a guitarist, though). I fell in love with, and collected scores of albums by, the usual list of suspects you would find
on any blues harp enthusiast's iPod.

A couple of years ago it became apparent that I would not be able to play the guitar much longer as the disability in my hands was rapidly taking the dexterity from them so necessary to play stringed instruments. I went to the studio and dug around until I found what has become my musical salvation; an ancient Hohner Blues Harp in C. Don't remember when or why I bought, or why I chose C, but it worked for me to get started. Harp is keeping me connected to the delta and piedmont, and following the migration north to the south side of Chicago.

Today I like players with a slightly different twist. Sugar Blue and Steve Baker get a lot of play time now.

Kelly