Re: [Harp-L] Inexpensive Diatonics for Give-A-Ways

Hi Tin Lizzie,

Thanks for your thoughts. I am not just thinking kids. Everyone deserves a
smile making machine! The event I am working on is a "Harmonica & Ice Cream
Social". A Sunday afternoon on a local farm here that makes incredible all
natural ice cream. A local hot spot for 30 years. The show will have three
or four acts. 1) bluesy  2) a Chromatic featured act  3) a harmonica Trio
and maybe a 4th. Basically it is a harmonica showcase to enhance the fun of
eating ice Cream and hot dogs and other fun munchables in the sunshine! I
would like to give away a harmonica to anyone that wants one no matter what
their age. I am not looking to teach them or do anything more. I will give
the harps and the universe will take over! My main goal is to share the
many "faces" of the harmonica with the public. Bring back some memories for
the old folks and open the eyes of the young and everything in between. So
that's it. I am on the hunt to see what I can pull off. I still have a few
hundred Blues Bands stashed but I am trying to keep them stashed for my
team-building classes/beginners teaching. Replacing them at new prices
isn't something I want to do right now. A couple hundred $2.00 or less cost
to me harps is the goal. I may have a donation bucket to help defer the
cost and help pay the musicians, I am as broke as ever but I feel that this
is where I am supposed to put my energy right now. Either I pull it off or
I don't. Regardless the show will go on. Stay tuned for the date. Would
love any Northeasterners here on the" L" to stop by. Interested
performers/acts are welcome to contact me but I may already have most
already covered. Then again this is my first of hopefully many similar
events here in New England. feel free to make contact.